Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fernandez & Wells: the way you make me filter



Thank you Fernandez & Wells Café, for opening on a public holiday! 

Fernandez and Wells Café, 73 Beak Street, London W1F 9RS

Filled with a sense of assurance that they cared, I greedily ordered and sat by the window to enjoy my coffee. 

I rarely eavesdrop, but today I just couldn't help myself. I was so transfixed by the discussion the group sat next to me were having, that I gulped my coffee without paying it much attention. Hardly very diligent for someone blogging about coffee. In my defense, I thought I might have known one of the guys in the group - the cute one with the brown hair…

Anyway, I thought it only diligent to order another coffee, re-focus and pay attention. Okay, second coffee. Take two.
  
How was the coffee? This is quaffing coffee. Easy to drink, but lacking in punch. 
Did they have soy? No!!!
Would I go there again? Yes. Well, how else am I going to accidentally on purpose bump into the cute guy with the brown hair again?! 
Should you go there? If you happen to be passing by, drop in for a quick coffee. It’s a great place to escape the madness of Oxford Street and the pastries looked luscious.
Any other points to note? Fernandez & Wells has three Soho branches: Food and wine, Espresso Bar and Café. The cafe is the perfect preliminary stop before heading to Fernandez & Wells Food and Wine on Lexington Street. It’s just around the corner and they have three of my favourite mood elevators – friendly staff, Jamón Ibérico and vino!


1 comment:

  1. So the coffee is all very well & everything, but I wanna know what the cute boys were chatting about?
    spill it. dewit!

    ReplyDelete