Friday, December 10, 2010

Southern Ocean Lodge. Luxe to the max.

Yes, it is true. I am lucky... and I got REALLY lucky last month when an assignment took me to Kangaroo Island's Southern Ocean Lodge. The warmth with which we were greeted by Lodge Managers Ben and Louise Lanyon made me feel as though I was at a friend's place, not a hotel. They have created a secluded sanctuary of warmth, luxury and style. Head Chef Jed Archdeacon prepared impeccable food - locally sourced and homegrown. The delicious barramundi I had for my main was farmed at the local high school. I'm serious! Sell your house, sell your children, cash in your Super - whatever in takes - get yourself there! It is so good, that as our check-out time neared, I frantically searched the property for places to hide myself away. I was hoping that the group would leave without noticing that I was gone... Alas, I was not so lucky this time... However for next time, if you do hear that I've disappeared on assignment, please tell Mum I'm under the bed.  
www.southernoceanlodge.com.au




1 comment: