Friday, December 3, 2010

MoVida. Still bloody fabulous.


I could never get a last minute reservation at Movida and it was starting to piss me off! I began trying to convince myself (as well as my friends) that there were other options, better options, don't worry, it's "just" MoVida I would say... And then I found myself eating there for "work" with Gourtmetreise Magazine and remembered just why it is so hard to get a seat - it's really bloody fabulous! On this visit I also had the pleasure of meeting Frank. He is such a sincerely delightful man, who was a real trouper when I was shoving my lens in his face and asking him to "look relaxed". Thanks to Frank Camorra and his team for maintaining this little slice of Iberian heaven. His signature dish of croutons with Ortiz anchovy and tomato sorbet (photo above) is still insanely good. Takes me to my happy place every time. 
MoVida, 1 Hosier Lane, Melbourne.  www.movida.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment